One-Day Workshops with Maria Boyle
Suitable for all levels
Exploring the Embellisher and Needle-felting Effects, Sat 19th March, £50
Discover various dry needle-felting techniques with both hand felting needles and needle-felting machines (Embellisher). Using a variety of wonderful soft fibres explore various marks and make tactile samples with various constructive textile effects. Then make a brooch to your own design to take home.
Harmonious Colours, Sat 16th April, £45
Explore colour theory, colour harmony, colour psychology and colour mixing of pigments. Make your own colour wheel, be more confident mixing your own colours and pigments and develop your own colour palette. Leave with handouts, references, your colour wheel and mood board and feeling more confident in your colour choices and mixing.
Mono-printing Effects for Cloth, Sat 14th May, £50
Using fast and fun mono-printing techniques create a variety of dry-point effects on cloth using acrylics and textile paints. Create unique prints layering colour, mark and line-drawings and leave with a number of wonderful cloth samples and finished pieces.
- All workshops run 10am-4pm with a break for lunch. Teas, coffees etc are available through out the day. We will start with a guided tour of the ArtistsWorkhouse and the resident artists studios!
- All materials and equipment is provided, although nearer the time a list with what you might like to bring will be provided.
- All workshops are bookable in advance on a first come first served basis and payable upon booking a place.
- In the unlikely event that Maria would have to cancel the workshop, a full refund will be provided promptly.
- If you unfortunately need to cancel, a full refund will be given up until 10 days prior to the workshop date.
- Workshops are held at ArtistsWorkhouse, The Royal Victoria Works, off Redditch Road, Studley, Warks, B80 7AS
- For further details or to book a place, please contact Maria Boyle on 07979 706428 or email@example.com
About Maria Boyle
Maria is a Resident Artist at ArtistsWorkhouse, an exciting new arts, project and exhibition space in a collaborative artist community in the centre of Studley, Warwickshire.
Working mainly with the ‘soft materials’ of cloth, wool and thread, Maria often uses natural and textured fibres. These are carefully dyed, hand printed or painted and then manipulated with hand stitch and knit to create tactile one-off pieces. Colour is essential to convey meaning through a harmonious colour palette that adds to its sensory appeal. Maria is also a print-maker making handmade cards, limited edition prints and artist books.
- Selected as Embroiderers Guild Graduate and invited to exhibit at the E.G. Graduate Showcase at the Knitting and Stitching Shows 2014
- Winner of the Textile Study Group ‘Graduate of the Year’ at New Designers 2014
- First-class Honours degree BA Design Crafts from De Montfort University
- Selected as ‘Artist in Action’ at Harrogate Knitting and Stitching Show, November 2015
- Invited as Artist and Demonstrator at Art in Action, Oxford, July 2015
- Artist in Residence at Banbury and Bicester College, 2014/15
- Ambassador of Compton Verney, since 2014
- Colour Affects Accredited Colourist and Certified Teacher, since 2007
- Licentiate of Society of Designer Craftsmen
- Member of Prism
- Member of the Stratford-upon-avon Guild of Spinners, Weavers and Dyers