One-Day Workshops with Maria Boyle
0ctober 2016, Suitable for all levels
Exploring the Embellisher and Needle-felting Effects, £50, 8th October
Discover various dry needle-felting techniques with both hand felting needles and needle-felting machines (Embellisher). Using a variety of wonderful soft fibres explore various marks and make tactile samples with various constructive textile effects. Then make a brooch to your own design to take home.
Dye effects for cloth, £50, 15th October
Explore pigment colour theory, colour wheels and mixing complex colours. Then we will direct dye cloth using Procion MX dyes and create different effects using manutex, resists and discharge paste. Students leave with lots of different samples and have a number of useful techniques they can replicate at home.
Mono-printing Effects for Cloth, £50, 22nd October
Using fast and fun mono-printing techniques create a variety of dry-point effects on cloth using acrylics and textile paints. Create unique prints layering colour, mark and line-drawings and leave with a number of wonderful cloth samples and finished pieces.
- All workshops run 10am-4pm with a break for lunch. Teas, coffees etc are available through out the day. We will start with a guided tour of the ArtistsWorkhouse and the resident artists studios!
- All materials and equipment is provided, although nearer the time a list with what you might like to bring will be provided.
- All workshops are bookable in advance on a first come first served basis and payable upon booking a place.
- In the unlikely event that Maria would have to cancel the workshop, a full refund will be provided promptly.
- If you unfortunately need to cancel, a full refund will be given up until 10 days prior to the workshop date.
- Workshops are held at ArtistsWorkhouse, The Royal Victoria Works, off Redditch Road, Studley, Warks, B80 7AS
- For further details or to book a place, please contact Maria Boyle on 07979 706428 or email@example.com
About Maria Boyle
Maria is a Resident Artist at ArtistsWorkhouse, an exciting new arts, project and exhibition space in a collaborative artist community in the centre of Studley, Warwickshire.
Working mainly with the ‘soft materials’ of cloth, wool and thread, Maria often uses natural and textured fibres. These are carefully dyed, hand printed or painted and then manipulated with hand stitch and knit to create tactile one-off pieces. Colour is essential to convey meaning through a harmonious colour palette that adds to its sensory appeal. Maria is also a print-maker making handmade cards, limited edition prints and artist books.
- Selected as Embroiderers Guild Graduate and invited to exhibit at the E.G. Graduate Showcase at the Knitting and Stitching Shows 2014
- Winner of the Textile Study Group ‘Graduate of the Year’ at New Designers 2014
- First-class Honours degree BA Design Crafts from De Montfort University
- Invited to exhibit with Society of Designer Craftsmen at 78 Derngate, Northampton, April – July 2016
- Selected for Prism exhibition at Hiscox Art Café, March 2016
- Selected as ‘Artist in Action’ at Harrogate Knitting and Stitching Show, November 2015
- Invited as Artist and Demonstrator at Art in Action, Oxford, July 2015
- Artist in Residence at Banbury and Bicester College, 2014/15
- Ambassador of Compton Verney, since 2014
- Colour Affects Accredited Colourist and Certified Teacher, since 2007
- Member of Warwickshire Open Studios
- Licentiate of Society of Designer Craftsmen
- Member of Prism
- Member of the Stratford-upon-avon Guild of Spinners, Weavers and Dyers
One thought on “Textile Workshops with Maria Boyle”
Thanks a lot Dawn!
Sent from my iPad