Tuesday 7th March 1.30pm-4.00pm
This workshop provides the opportunity to work directly from a model, in a variety of both short and long poses to develop both analytical drawing skills and an expressive, experimental approach to life drawing.
Tutor: Lou Blakeway
This workshop is intended to develop the ability to represent the human head. The emphasis of the workshop is to develop drawing (& painting?) skills through a practical approach to portraiture.
Working from a model, using both traditional and experimental drawing/painting techniques, with the focus initially on measurement and proportion, evolving into an opportunity for more a more expressive approach to portraiture.
Lou Blakeway’s work encompasses drawing, painting and printmaking. Although her work explores the human psyche through portraiture and figuration, she is primarily concerned with technique and process and how these can be manipulated to convey certain ideas.
Tuesday 7th March 1.30pm – 4.00pm, Price £18, including private viewing of Portrait Exhibition
- Workshops run 1.30pm – 4.00pm, Light refreshments will be available throughout the afternoon.
- Workshops are bookable in advance on a first come first served basis and payable upon booking a place. (places are limited)
- In the unlikely event that we would have to cancel the workshop, a full refund will be provided promptly.
- If you unfortunately need to cancel, a full refund will be given up until 2 weeks prior to the workshop date.
- Workshops are held at ArtistsWorkhouse, The Royal Victoria Works, off Redditch Road, Studley, Warks, B80 7AS
- For further details or to book a place, please contact Dawn Harris on 07889718242 or email email@example.com.
Louise Blakeway information:
Louise was born in 1975 in Cradley Heath and completed her BA (Hons) in Fine Art at Birmingham City University School of Art in 2013. Since graduating she has had solo and group exhibitions in the UK, including Oxo Tower, London as part of the Spirit of Womanhood exhibition where her work was shown alongside Tracey Emin’s. More recently she has exhibited in New York. Her work has twice been shortlisted for the Sketch Drawing Prize in 2013 and 2011. In 2014 she was Artist In Residence in the Printmaking Studio at Birmingham City University. She lives and works in Cradley Heath where she has established a studio and gallery space, The Art Yard.
2 thoughts on “Portraiture Workshop”